Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 2

This week in ED 270 we learned all about PHOTOSHOP. I enjoyed the experience of being able to tweek some pictures. We had to use at lease three photos; one we found online, one we scanned from hard copy, and one taken with some form of digital camera or what not and uploaded. These are not new to me and found scanning and importing the easiest part of the experience; however, that was not the only part that I already knew how to do.
I used paint a lot as a kid and the concepts of the cutting and pasting and changing the color are things that I did a lot of when I younger. Doing it all here was a little different, but easily learned.
For the most part incorporating the different pictures and making them seem like they belonged together was just as difficult as finding, placing, and cropping the pictures in their places was easy.

When I started I wanted to combine a photograph of my sister and I kissing my Grandfather's cheeks with a drawing that I had done (using that picture as a point of reference) then I would superimpose a picture of myself taken here in class over my original face from the photograph. It was not as elegant and amazing as I had hoped. After the class time we were given and another 5 or so hours I finally scrapped the idea after this result.




As you can see, not pretty. Although to be fair, my superimposed self does look like she belongs (mostly).
I scratched that idea, mainly because the drawing would not fit not matter how many ways I tried to blend it, I even tried to keep some aspects of the actual photo with the drawing just peaking through. Fail!
I decided to start over and created a piece using a picture of a kind of creepy garden from a magazine, A picture that I found of the Winchester brother from SUPERNATURAL, and pictures from my phone of both my friend Stephanie's wedding and mine. This one worked out better than I could have hoped with the failed attempt at the Grandpa picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment