Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 4

GOOGLE MAPS!
This week we played a little more with the video programs, and actually took an ipad out to work with the imovie program a make a little commercial type thing. I had a partner and we used me as the focus and it was really easy to get the shots and figure out what to say in between as this particular program has many it all set up "2.5 sec. close up" and all of that type of stuff. It was fun to create, and I did act in this one. I was a little embarrassed but regardless it turned out just fine.
We also learned about the smart board. This is completely new to me, and I was astounded at how it could be used, and hopefully I am able to play a little more with this fun, and practical piece of technology.
The last thing we did was work with Google Maps. I am excited to create a lesson using Google Maps and creating little bubbles of information. I started to create on focusing on the Canterbury Tales by Chaucer, but I am not sure I will stick with that. I have played with Google Maps a long time ago, but was impressed with the street view and I didn't know anything about how to create a profile and lesson by doing this, I am still not entirely certain I grasp how to save it all and create a timed lesson with it, but I can work that out as I finalize the project. I look forward in seeing how the other students used this in their own lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment